Puppy/Kitten Exams: Congratulations on your new puppy/kitten! Getting your new family member started off right is our goal. Puppies/kittens need to be seen for an initial health screening exam within 2 days of bringing them home. We can assess for congenital problems (hernias, heart murmurs, cryptorchid, etc), health concerns (fleas, intestinal worms/parasites, malnutrition, etc), and help make a plan for your vaccination schedule. Please bring all the paperwork you were given by the breeder/seller when you come to this first visit. Puppies Kittens
Annual Exams: It is important to have a yearly check-up for your pet and keep it current on vaccinations, heartworm preventative, and flea/tick prevention.
- Adult dogs are recommended to have an annual examination which includes a full physical exam, heartworm testing, fecal testing, and vaccinations. Recommended vaccines include Rabies (1 year or 3 year), Distemper-Parvo (DHPP, 1 year or 3 year), Leptosporosis (lifestyle based, 1 year), and Bordetella/Kennel Cough (lifestyle based, 1 year).
- Dogs over the age of 10 years old should also have full bloodwork checked through our K9 Geriatric Screening. This bloodwork includes Complete Blood Cell Count with differential and Profile. This allows us to assess for indications of cancer/inflammation, kidney function, liver function, and electrolyte balance among other things.
- Adult cats are recommended to have an annual examination which includes a full physical exam, general deworming, and vaccinations. Recommended vaccines include Rabies (1 year or 3 year), Feline Distemper (FVRCP, 1 year or 3 year), and Feline Leukemia (lifestyle based, 1 year or 3 year). Feline Combo testing for feline leukemia (FeLV) and Feline Aids (FIV) is recommended if it has not been done before.
- Cats over the age of 10 years old should also have full bloodwork and urinalysis checked through our Feline Geriatric Screening. This panel includes Complete Blood Cell Count, Profile, Total T4 (thyroid), and complete urinalysis. This allows us to assess for indications of cancer/inflammation, kidney function, liver function, electrolyte balance, hyperthyroidism, and urinary tract disease.
We have a complete surgical suite at Auburn Animal Hospital where we perform surgeries Monday through Friday. We have access to electrocautery, suction, limited orthopedic equipment, and monitoring equipment (ECG, Blood Pressure, Capnograph, and Pulse oximetry). All surgeries require a current physical examination by one of our doctors and current vaccinations.
- Dental Cleaning
- Extractions pending oral exam under anesthesia
- Other Non-routine
- Soft Tissue
- Lump/Mass Removal
- Laceration/Wound Repair
- Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Abdominal Surgeries
- Foreign Body Removal
- Orthopedic (Limited)
- Limb Amputation
- Femoral Head and Neck Excision (FHO/FHE)
- Radiology (X-rays)
- We have a complete digital radiology system in place. This allows for immediate viewing of radiographs after they are taken. Many times, radiographs can be performed immediately. However, depending on your pet’s stress or pain level, sedation may be required.
- We have limited in house ultrasound capabilities and are working towards more extensive availability. Currently, limited abdominal ultrasounds including Pregnancy Checks (at 21 days post breeding) are available. Typically, a physical exam at Auburn Animal Hospital is required prior to ultrasound. Echocardiogram (Heart Ultrasounds, ECHO) are not currently available, however, we can offer referral to a facility that offers these services.
- Eye Diagnostics (Tear Test, Eye Stain, Eye Pressures)
- Microscope Cytology
- Electrocardiogram, ECG/EKG
- Blood Pressure
- Full In-House Bloodwork
- Limited Chemotherapeutic Options
We offer limited indoor boarding year around, with separate cat and dog boarding areas. All pets have a kennel or cage inside. You are welcome to bring your own food, or we offer Hill’s Science Diet Sensitive Stomach formulas. Drop off and pick up is available Monday through Saturday during normal business hours (we may be closed or have limited hours around the holidays, please call for hours of operation). Due to being a small boarding facility, we fill up very quickly around holidays. Please be sure to call ahead and schedule your pet’s boarding stay (sometimes even months ahead for Thanksgiving/Christmas).
Baths & Shavedowns:
In the morning, we offer regular baths and full shave downs for dogs and cats. We do *not* offer grooming/hair cut services. If behavior prevents our staff from safely handling your pet, then sedation may be recommended or required. Current vaccinations are required for bathing/shaving services. Please call for appointment and availability.
- Walk-in services include the following:
- Nail Trim/Dremel
- Anal Gland Expression
- Sanitary Clip/Shave
- Ear Cleaning
- All walk-in services are limited to staff availability and pets must be current on rabies vaccination.